[plug] Building a "minefield/tarpit" for worms

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed May 31 10:55:32 WST 2006

"Senectus ." <senectus at gmail.com> writes:
>On 31/05/06, Daniel J. Axtens <danielax at gmail.com> wrote:

>> As Daniel pointed out, this sort of thing is called a honeypot - just
>> googling honeypot will get you started. There is also a honeypots
>> mailing list on securityfocus.

>Unless it's for research purposes, I fail to see why this is a good idea...

I don't actually want to attract probes. I just to blow their legs
off if they tread on my minefield. :-)

That should reduce their ability to probe other machines.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.