[plug] shared /home for dual-booting two distros

Jason Posavec jasonposavec at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 31 14:02:52 WST 2006

The system I use may be of use to you, Gavin. I have a drive that is
accessable by both Linux and Windows. When I boot into Windows, it
mounts as my "My Documents" folder, when I boot into Linux, it's a
symbolic link from my /home directory.

All my files, data, songs, videos, etc are in this directory. My /home
directory more or less just contains my settings. Just mount sdc with
your 2nd distro as - say - /gavinII and put a symbolic link to it in
your home directory. Oh, and chown it to gavin:gavin as well, of course.

Hope this helps.

Jason