[plug] linneighborhood - smbmount not found

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 1 22:12:22 WST 2006

What am I missing?  I used to work, but now when I try to mount a share
from an XP machine I get "smbmount not found".

The only references I get from yum or google seem to be for man pages.
One reference indicated it is implemented as 'mount -t smbfs', but when
I try that I get shot down with 'only root can do that'.

I'm using FC5 with the latest (according to yum) samba and
linneighborhood.  Kernel is custom 2.6.18.

TIA
Jim

ps.  Sorry, Committee.  It was sent to you by mistake.