[plug] Chime plugin working under Linux!

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Thu Nov 2 14:15:12 WST 2006

Good news.

Sorry for starting a new thread but i'm using webmail at the moment.

I got chime working under Linux!

This is what I did in a witch doctor like way:

Copied my Internet Explorer 6 program folder to my program files folder under WINE.

Installed firefox 1.5 under WINE. I did try FF2 but that didn't work.

Installed IE6 using the ies4linuxscript.

I tried to install chime under WINE without success as it wouldn't recognise my
IE folder.

Copied npchime.dll from old IE6 plugins folder to my firefox (under WINE)
plugins folder.

Went to the following page in IE6 under WINE:

http://www.chem.ucalgary.ca/courses/351/Carey/Carey.html

Molecules did not load.

When to the page under Firefox 1.5 in WINE and it worked fine and so far appears
to be solid!

best regards,

Chris Caston