[plug] Reinforcement for the Ubuntu fans

James L. Clarke jamesc at global.net.au
Tue Nov 7 21:51:55 WST 2006

Hi All,

I just made the move to Ubuntu (on the desktop) this evening, it was a smooth
as. I had been using Mandrake/Mandriva since 1999, before that Red Hat
1997-1999, and before that Slack 1994-1997.

I've been using Ubuntu on my server for about a year now.

Ubuntu 6.10 (Desktop) was the most painless installation of Linux, I've ever done.

No probs with using Gnome compared to Mandriva's KDE, actually I love how all
the widgets are consistent in Ubuntu, try saying that about Mandriva, they use
KDE, but all their own config apps are made with GTK+!

James