[plug] Semi OT - OS X "Network Discovery" and SLP

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:42:28 WST 2006

On 11/8/06, Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions) <daniel at flashware.net> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Quick query in regards to the DHCP... does the Airport Express not allow
> you to do any DHCP reservation? That way you can say "this network card
> (MAC Address)" with "this IP address" .. let it keep the IP it has now?

No idea. I'm hoping it can. I've not yet had a chance to play with it,
only really seen bits of it via websites I've read :p
If it does, that semi solves the issue, having hostnames would be nicer though.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll see if I can chase it down.

Tim

--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au