[plug] Bernd's "Open Source Glue" presentation: Wednesday

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 17:28:59 WST 2006

Hello everyone.  The time has (almost) finally arrived for Bernd
Felsche's long-awaited presentation on systems integration:
"Open Source Glue: Using Open Source to Glue Proprietary Systems to
Business Needs".  See http://osdc2006.cgpublisher.com/proposals/38 for
further details.  An unofficial version of the paper is available at
http://members.iinet.net.au/~innov8ve/Papers/osdcGlue/glueOSDC.pdf

The presentation will be held at 7:30pm* on Wednesday the 15th of
November.  (Please ensure that you arrive on time if possible, and
_definitely_ before 7:45; thanks.)  A reminder may also be sent
closer to the date.

The venue is the ARRC auditorium, which PLUG members will remember
as being the venue for the iVEC presentation.  The address is:
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington.  (This building is in the Western
Precinct of Technology Park, nearest the roundabout on Kent St just
north of Curtin University.)

* In addition, the above event will be preceded by a short talk by
myself on the Society of Linux Professionals (Western Australia).
SLPWA is a representative body for people who use Open Source
solutions in their business, or provide them to others.  Visit
http://www.slpwa.asn.au/ for further details.  (Interested parties
should get to the venue by 7pm for this talk.)

I encourage anyone who considers themselves to be an Open Source
Professional to attend both "halves" of the evening in order to
help out & be informed by Bernd, and contribute to the future of
SLPWA.

PS -- As you may have guessed, I have decided to take over the role
of PLUG seminar co-ordinator.  Therefore I am considering making
the second Wednesday of each month the date for our regularly
scheduled seminar.  If you have comments on this (rather than
Bernd's presentation) please USE A DIFFERENT THREAD.  Ta.