[plug] iiNet job on Seek

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 19:00:53 WST 2006

On 09/11/06, Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006, Senectus . wrote:
> > On 09/11/06, Adrian Woodley <Adrian at screamingroot.org> wrote:
> > >Certainly experience is the most valuable asset (provided you can prove
> > >it).
> > >
> > >And no, a project you did at Uni doesn't count as experience.
> > >
> > yupp
> > experiance is better than diploma's any day.
>
> You'd be surprised..

Actually I should clarify that.
It really depends on who and what you are.
There are very few people that I know in the industry that the diploma
has done them any good.
Those that it has helped, don't just have one and really are
exceptionally clever buggers. :-)
Not that I'm against education, I'm very very much for it and don't
think Australia is anywhere near educated enough. but that's a
different discussion.