[plug] Pronto platform and Server

hatari hatari at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 18 11:18:43 WST 2006

Hello, Each.....

Just some feedback on my request for urgent help for a potential
SCO/Pronto-to-Linux(Redhat) conversion.  Thanks to each who responded,
and Ryan for taking my call.  (That one call was enough to steer me in
good directions.)

I am now confident after emails, discussions, contacts and in-house
discussion with my I.T. colleagues that a move away from SCO to Linux
(Redhat Ent.) is practical and with limited (business) risk.

Indeed, other sceptics in our org - who have some say - are now looking
differently at the product too.

However there are others, circumstances, and politics which are still in
the mix so I am still not yet sure which way this will go, but I am now
confident that I have given Linux a really big chance on this.  (And
secretly I think it has a stronger chance to get up.)

If you have any other tips on SCO/Pronto-to-Linux they are still welcome.

Once again, thanks to each.

Regards,
wayne