[plug] SKYPE

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Tue Nov 21 17:28:50 WST 2006

G'day All,

I am running Skype on a Mandriva m/c and my daughter is running it in
WinXP m/c overseas.

The problem that we are now having is that the voice being rec'd on the
linux m/c seems to be "surging". We have been using Skype for some time
and at Internet cafés at the other end, but have not encountered this
problem before. Yesterday, when she turned off the music that was
playing, the computer corrected itself. Today there was no music, it was
a cold start and we had the same problem.

Has anybody encountered this sort of behaviour before and if so, what is
the fix?

Thanks

Alex