[plug] mod_perl2 issues

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 11:26:35 WST 2006

OK. No Response from the rest of the CTTE. Anyone who has some know
how, please help!

We are trying to get mod_perl2 running on sarge, to fix the stupid
mod_perl segfaults we get on the members server. Grabbing
libapache2-mod-perl2 from backports, and also getting a CGI.pm package
installed, gives us the following. I have no idea where the original
definition of load is, and can't find it. I don't even know if that's
the problem!! I know that for PerlResponseHandler in the apache confs,
we can have many different functions. It is current ModPerl::Registry,
no idea if something else will work, remembering we are updating from
mod_perl1

[Thu Nov 23 11:06:27 2006] [error] [client 85.7.191.411] failed to
resolve handler `ModPerl::Registry': Subroutine load redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/XSLoader.pm line 28.\nCompilation failed in
require at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/ServerUtil.pm line 24.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/ServerUtil.pm
line 24.\nCompilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 29.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 29.\nCompilation failed
in require at (eval 3) line 3.\n\t...propagated at
/usr/share/perl/5.8/base.pm line 84.\nBEGIN failed--compilation
aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 25.\nCompilation
failed in require at (eval 2) line 3.\n

Any ideas?!?!

Tim
--