[plug] Downtime

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Nov 23 11:46:12 WST 2006

Timothy White wrote:

> We apologise for the downtime of the plug servers last night. I'm
> still not sure what happened, as we were in the process of trying to
> fix mod_perl, and we even lost our serial console connection.

I suspect it was a hardware problem with shameless (unless you were
doing something as root that was likely to hang the machine? the kernel
we have on there is sensitive to ifup/ifdown-ing interfaces in the wrong
order).

> On that note, any budding Debianites who wish to backport
> libapache2-mod-perl2 to sarge, please put your hand up, as I've failed
> a simple attempt at it!

Does the version in etch fix things?  We're near enough to a release we
could probably upgrade the PLUG machines now.

> p.s. I'm not sure who reset it

Trent Lloyd, who works for Arachnet^W Host Away.  I grabbed him on IRC
last night.

Cameron