[plug] Using a HDD with Badsectors

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:50:53 WST 2006

On 11/27/06, Bernd Felsche <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote:

> It doesn't matter btw how cold your server room. I've seen people
> put solid rack panels in front of _obvious_ cooling air inlets to
> servers... and cook half a dozen drives within a month.

:-o
Most desktop cases aren't much better. My case jumps up 10C when you
put the front panel on. And my drives hate it. I''m tempted to remove
it again, remove the switches etc etc, and replace it all with foam
filter mesh stuff. The server cases I'm designing will be like that.
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au