[plug] Eft help needed with time

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 28 11:30:12 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 11:15 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > On the same old, same old topic of time and NTP and DST, I installed
> > Edgy on a machine over the weekend, and it's nice , BUT I can't find
> > where to adjust the time so that it knows it is running on local time,
> > rather than on UTC. My time zones are fine, except I'm 8 hours ahead.
>
> Hm, try tzselect?

Um, no, I have my time set to local time, I have my timezone set to WA,
I then get told by tzselect that the UTC time is 11:29 and the local
time is 19:29. I need to tell it somehow that I am on local time.

> Adrian

A burro is an ass - a burrow is a hole in the ground.
A good programmer should know the difference.

Linux Counter user #306629