[plug] Fedora 6 / vmware question

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:58:02 WST 2006

On 30/11/06, Chris Griffin <griffinster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do have the correct version of the headers installed. It just seems
> for some reason the perl config script come to the conclusion I am
> runnign some version called "@@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE"
> uname -r tells me I am running:
> 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
>
> and that is the version of the header files it is finding.

They way I read the error message "The directory of kernel headers
(version @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE) does not match your running kernel
(version 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6).", it seems to say that it is finding
headers of version ' @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE', but thinks you are
running kernel '2.6.18-1.2849.fc6', which agrees with uname.

However, IANA vmware expert - that is just my perspective on the error message.

Daniel

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com