[plug] USB flash data recovery

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Thu Oct 5 21:26:47 WST 2006

Hello,

A law student called me up earlier this evening wanting me to help her recover
some word documents on a usb memory flash drive that appear to scrambled.
She didn't send me one of the documents via e-mail and there was no way that
oo.o could open it.

I'm there tomorrow afternoon to try to help her. I already got her to try PC
inspector smart recovery and she wasn't able to recover them with that.

I'm going to bring my laptop and I thought it might be an idea to see if I can
mount the fat32 filesystem on the memory key with Linux and see if there is any
way I can recover the data.

Any ideas that may help?

best regards,

Chris Caston