[plug] USB flash data recovery

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 6 08:17:18 WST 2006

grab a dd copy before you do anything further in both linux or doze.
Its probably too late, but its much easier to do this before it is
totally stuffed up (i.e., macs do some wonderful one way conversions
when you plug a stick into some of the older ones!, and doze revovery
utilities may not be successful, so an image means you get more goes at
it.)

If all else fails, you can "strings" the image and can sometimes recover
something!

BillK