[plug] USB flash drive / data recovery

Max mn8_linux at westnet.com.au
Wed Oct 11 12:09:03 WST 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 02:16 pm, Max wrote:

and no one replied ?   ... so I will try posting it again.

 On the subject of USB flash drive / data recovery,
 OK if the computer can see something to mount .

 But, what could be done, if the computer / OS refuses to
 see a USB flash mem key or any unrecognized device
   ie: my Rundisk 1Gb ' UR24 '  .
 Nothing to mount ?

 http://www.irundisk.com/english/

 A quick fix to use the key again at a mates place, how embarrassing !
 I had to download a Windows GUI exe file, and run it on a windows
 comp just to get it recognized on any computer again,
 it was a re-initialize / format piece of software.
 that was the only time i ever had a problem with it.

 But if the data was important, or even not,
 What software could i have used to achieve that using linux.
 Is this the same problem with other brands of USB keys ?
 Cause personally, i hate to justify the use of windows for anything.

 Any ideas what could be done if it happens again,
ie: without using a windows comp ?

--
Regards Max.
Linux Counter Registered User #302050