[plug] outbound rule

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Oct 18 10:20:32 WST 2006

What I'm trying to do is get ports 20 and 21 to work.  As I've stated I can see the packet requests coming in on the external interface, but it's not to my knowledge either getting to the server or a return ACK is not getting back to the gateway.  In either case it would be the firewall that is causing this.  What I'm trying to construct is a rule that will allow return ftp packets traffic thru / to the gateway.
I understand that the data is dynamic so do I have to use a range for the ports?

Thanks

>>> billk at iinet.net.au 9:51:19 am 18/10/2006 >>>
standard ftp uses a dynamicly requested data port - the best way around
is to use scp/sftp.  In ftp there are two ports involved - a control
port which is fixed, and data which is dynamic

BillK

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au