[plug] Closure of OSWA

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 13:30:06 WST 2006

On 23/10/06, Stuart Midgley <stuart.midgley at ivec.org> wrote:
> I posted this to the forums on the saveopensourcewa.com website... I
> would be interested in people's perspective here.
Well, I hope you don't mind a reply by email then...

> What functionality of OSWA did people actually use? What
> functionality do people want in such a centre? Did people use the
> demonstration centre much? Or was it more a point of contact and
> advocacy?

PLUG has been using the OSWA demonstration center for quite a while
now for our monthlyish seminars.

<my personal opinion> It's well set up location for seminars, and it
often also has free Ubuntu/TheOpenCDs as well. It's also great to be
able to use a venue that is designed for open source use, rather than
the other, more random locations PLUG has used in the past. It's also
close to my house. :-)</opinion>

> I'm concerned that people have jumped onto the (general) opensource
> bandwagon without clearly articulating what functionality of the
> centre or use of its resources they are concerned about.

I'm assuming you meant the 'opensourceWA bandwagon' rather than the
'opensource bandwagon'?

Daniel

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com