[plug] XGL/Compiz and Shutting Down

Josh Fletcher joshyf at nerdsarefordorks.net
Wed Oct 25 09:55:31 WST 2006

Hi all,

I've recently re-installed Ubuntu 6.06 on my Compaq Presario laptop. Works
like a treat.

I installed KDE and another window manager (XFCE??) using Synaptic.

I then discovered that XGL/Compiz/Beryl is now fixed (yay!) so installed
that using the guide at ubuntuguide.org.

XGL/Compiz/Beryl works great, except when I want to shutdown. I only get the
option to logout, hibernate or sleep - not shutdown or restart. The login
window has been changed from the Gnome one to KDE.

How do I go about allowing shutting down and restarting using the XGL login?

Thanks in advance,

Josh Fletcher