[plug] daylight savings

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Oct 28 11:31:44 WST 2006

William Kenworthy wrote:

> How much havoc will this cause the doze world? - because helpful
> microsoft doesnt allow you to easily override Perths daylight saving
> value because we dont have it!  Will windows update catch up?  I notice
> gentoo regularly updates their TZ stuff, so when (if) this goes through
> I think a swag of bugs on the relevant distros might be in order to make
> sure linux stays on the ball.
>
> BillK
>
> On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 21:37 +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 18:23 +0800, Patrick Coleman wrote:
>>
>>>On 10/25/06, Craig Foster <craig at fostware.net> wrote:

Dunno...and without intending to start a flame war of often wondered why
we don't have an Australia wide standard time based on SA/NT time
because they're in the middle ? sure, we're a wide country and the sun
does rise earlier in the East but what effect would that have overall ?

PS: humorous bonus to having an Australia wide standard time is we can
hear JJJ at the same time all over the country :)

PS #2: cc'd to Off-topic list to continue there...

--
Photographer and severe weather fanatic

Organised by shooting date: www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/
Organised by category: www.vk6ksj.net/photography/