[plug] Open Source WA article in today's West Australian

Stuart Midgley stuart.midgley at ivec.org
Tue Oct 31 13:31:10 WST 2006

actually, if you read the article

	http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=30&ContentID=11625

you will see

“We’re negotiating with a consortium that has just received a
significant level of Government funding for four years, and part of
their funding is for industry development activity."

which doesn't indicate a private company... but a government funded
consortium.

Stu.

On 31/10/2006, at 13:27, Fred Janon wrote:

> I saw a pretty good article in the West Australian newspaper this
> morning,  in the IT section I think. The article is in favor of the
> OSWA centre and initiative. I think that someone from the DOIR said
> that a private company is working towards offering the same
> services as
> OSWA did.
>
> Fred

Dr Stuart Midgley
Industry Uptake Program Leader
iVEC, 'The hub of advanced computing in Western Australia'
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Technology Park
Kensington WA 6151
Australia

Phone: +61 8 6436 8545