[plug] Edgy Eft available

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:28:58 WST 2006

On 31/10/06, Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 31/10/06, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > > Just to get to something on-topic, although the list has been inundated
> > > with strange stuff lately - has anyone here downloaded the latest Edgy
> > > and is running it? Is it worth it?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > RM
> > I've done one clean install and an upgrade.. It's yet another setller
> > version, with some great back end improvements.
> > Boots much quicker and looks prettier as well.
> > Well worth it.
>
> So no issues with the upgrade? I've been putting it off a bit until I
> have copious amounts of free time, partly because some people have
> been complaining it breaks their systems.
>
> Dapper certainly broke for me, but I was running /boot on LVM which
> was perhaps asking for it anyway :)

A couple of minor breaks, nothing to cry over. Just Broken 3D till I
added a few lines into xorg.conf and I had to install some python
thing to do the upgrade properly (speaking of which I _HIGHLY_
recommend that you do the upgrade the way they suggest. ie don't hand
modify the sources.list)
The more custom your machine the more breaks you'll get, no distro is
immune from that.
If you have RAID, custom kernel and other such beasties I suggest you
do the research first.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Dapper 6.10