[plug] Re: [ucc] Snakes On A Laptop: call for interest in a PLUG Hacker Night

Andrew Williams andrew at physics.uwa.edu.au
Fri Sep 1 17:49:58 WST 2006

Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Recently there was talk on the PLUG list about the idea of holding
> 'hacker nights' again - where geeky programmers could get together and
> do/talk about cool stuff.  I'd like to see if anyone is interested in
> having CLUG-style evenings: a bit more focussed than the Hacker Nights
> we used to hold, and much less formal than the monthly PLUG seminars we
> already have.

>   Topic:  Snakes On A Laptop - Using Python In Ways It Wasn't Intended
>   Presenter:  Cameron Patrick

Count me in - and I'll even volunteer to give another talk later on if there's
interest. I use Python for telescope and system control, image processing, and
data reduction at Perth Observatory (Python's been heavily adopted by the
scientific community, especially astronomers). I guess the title would be
"Snakes on a telescope"...

Andrew Williams