[plug] website graphical-tree view

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Sep 4 18:29:01 WST 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 13:51 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
-snip-

> What I was wanting was just a hardcopy printout of site layout to give
> to the client in a report.  Also, nice little thumbnails of every html
> page and graphic file would be nice :-)  I can almost get it in
> konqueror, which generates an 'index.html', with linked thumbnails, of
> each folder or tree (gad, that's a useful tool and I never realised it
> was there until recently!).
>
> Maybe the answer is in having to push my knowledge of konqueror a bit
> more, but I was hoping someone knew a 'packaged' solution for me to
> try ;-)
>
> Gavin

Answering my own post, in part ;-)

I had another look at what is possible in M$ Frontallobotomy and
realised that it didn't offer as good as I wanted anyway ;-)

So, through experimentation I have found that trying to achieve what I
wanted requires a combination of 'tree' in the appropriate output format
to list the file hierarchical relationship; konqueror - for it's ability
to create a thumbnail view gallery of all the site's images; and,
klinkstatus to save as a html file a tree output of the site's hyperlink
relationships.  The last package comes as part of kdewebdev, which means
that I already had it installed for the sake of getting quanta-plus :-).
Now, the only thing I am lacking is an ability to print out thumbnail
views of the web pages.  I can display them in konqueror as thumbnails,
but there is no way to print that view or create a gallery as you can
with images :-(.

Hope my journey helps someone else - or if someone is yet to pipe up
with a better GPL way, please let me know :-)

Gavin