[plug] website graphical-tree view

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Sep 5 00:16:16 WST 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 21:40 +0800, Mark O'Shea wrote:
> > Now, the only thing I am lacking is an ability to print out
> > thumbnail views of the web pages.  I can display them in
> > konqueror as thumbnails, but there is no way to print that
> > view or create a gallery as you can with images :-(.
> >
> Have you had a look at gnome-web-photo?  Coupled with find it could go
> through your website generating your images and then using what you've
> already detailed it sounds like you're almost there.

Thanks for that tip.  Reading the purpose of gnome-web-photo it sounds
the bees-knees for html page thumbnails :-)  Funnily enough I already
had it installed without knowing :-O  Trouble is, this little turkey
sitting at this keyboard can't work out how to use it.  I read the help
file (cryptic and oh so short!) and googled for some howto or examples,
but no success.  I tried this command derived from the help file:

gavin1 at susey:~> gnome-web-photo --mode thumbnail
--url=file:///home/gavin1/directory-of-html-files/
--output-filename=file-thumbs.html

	but that only gave a garbage file.  I can't make better sense of that
dang help file than that :-(  Any pointers, please?

Gavin