[plug] website graphical-tree view

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 10:31:50 WST 2006

On Tue, September 5, 2006 12:16 am, Gavin Chester said:
> Thanks for that tip.  Reading the purpose of gnome-web-photo it sounds
> the bees-knees for html page thumbnails :-)  Funnily enough I already
> had it installed without knowing :-O  Trouble is, this little turkey
> sitting at this keyboard can't work out how to use it.  I read the help
> file (cryptic and oh so short!) and googled for some howto or examples,
> but no success.  I tried this command derived from the help file:
>
> gavin1 at susey:~> gnome-web-photo --mode thumbnail
> --url=file:///home/gavin1/directory-of-html-files/
> --output-filename=file-thumbs.html
>
> 	but that only gave a garbage file.  I can't make better sense of that
> dang help file than that :-(  Any pointers, please?
I don't have in front of me now, but prompted by your mail thread last
night I used it to thumbnail a site I have using something like:

mark at anya$ gnome-web-photo --mode thumbnail --file \
/home/mark/whereever/index.html index.png

I wrote a perl script around that to produce the whole site a page at a
time.  I couldn't find an awful lot of information about it either, but
the result was good.

--
Mark O'Shea