[plug] backing up and restoring hard drive image

Jason uq1 at hate-tank.net
Wed Sep 6 08:01:20 WST 2006

Ok, when I got home last night and went to try this, I realised I don't have a linux machine with a spare 60gb+ on it to store the image.

I do have a modified xbox with enough space on it running xbox media centre with it's inbuilt filezilla ftp server, and was wondering if I could use
sftp instead of ssh?

I can see from the syntax you supplied below, ssh is running an interation of dd accepting the output to /path/to/file.dd, so I'm not too sure if an
ftp server could do something similar ...

again, thanks for the assistance.

jason.