[plug] expansion

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Sep 6 17:32:24 WST 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Arie Hol wrote:

> Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:31:39 +0800
> From: Arie Hol <arie99 at ozemail.com.au>
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] expansion
>

> On 6 Sep 2006 at 14:57, Joshua Chase wrote:
>
>> Does PLUG intend to have branch in Bunbury?
>>> From Joshua Chase(joshych at yahoo.com.au)
>>

>> ---------------------------------
>> On Yahoo!7
>>   Answers: Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people
>
> That would make it a BLUG not a PLUG
>
> So I guess you should start an LUG in Bunbury.
>
> No doubt you will get plenty of support if you ask the right people.
>
> Regards Arie
> For the concert of life, nobody has a program.

Of course, if a Bunbury LUG is separate to PLUG, rather than being a
branch of PLUG, then a WALUG  (or, WAFLUG - WA Federation of LUG's,
or, FWALUG - Federation of WA LUG's) would need to be set up, to be a
state parent body for LUGS within the state, and then there would be
such issues as affiliation, and, affiliation fees, "etc, etc, etc" (to quote
Yul Brynner).

Methinks it would be simpler to either have a Bunbury branch of PLUG, or
to do something like what the genealogical societies tend to do; have
members of the society, in various localities, and, members in each
locality, hold their own meetings and events, like the "House Groups" in
WAGS. That really, is simply a branch (by any other name) to me.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."