[plug] spark is not happy..

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:15:14 WST 2006

> Fixed.  Thanks for the heads up (I think) :-)  I couldn't umount home
> since there were processes using it so I just mounted /home again on top
> of it.  Also, for "show-off points":
>
> spark:~# uptime
>  18:56:33 up 492 days,  5:11,  2 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.24, 0.08

Ah ha! I knew there would be another machine like this one....
mafeking:~$ uptime
 21:09:26 up 492 days,  8:42,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.05

I should have known, that it would be the machine, directly to the
left of mafeking.... I do have photos of these boxes in the colo, so
when I get a chance to enhance them (I had little time to take the
photos, and the door is closed, so need to remove the glare), I'll
post them.

Yes, right next to the box I was working on, sit the plug boxes. :-D

And roughly 492 days ago, was when they got moved from upstairs to
downstairs, if I am correct.

This is a testament to the CoLo's power management, and backup system.
Sure, we get the occasional outages of network (usually the
international link is the issue I think), but in terms of stable
power.... Just brilliant! (Mind you, there staff are just swell as
well!)

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956