[plug] Fluid damage to Laptop

Daniel Foote freefoote at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:12:35 WST 2006

[snip]
> of are that you dry off the board PROPERLY afterwards - metho followed
> by hair dryer works most of the time, and that you ensure that switches
[snip]

Mind the hair dryer for certain small plastic things.

I have a mate with a PowerBook who wanted to clean the keys on the
keyboard. He removed all the key tops, washed them, and laid them out
to dry. After deciding that they were taking too long to dry, he used
a hair dryer on them.

Needless to say, replacement keytops for Mac laptops are not
particularly cheap (although abundantly available (!?)).

Have fun.

Daniel Foote.