[plug] Fluid damage to Laptop

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Mon Sep 11 16:13:45 WST 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, quoth Jonathan Young:

> This week I am looking at a laptop which has been potentially damaged by
> fluid ingression.
[...]
> It is a Toshiba laptop and won't be cheap to replace.

The only thing I wish to add to the excellent advice already posted on
this subject, is that most Toshiba laptops now include a "spill tray"
underneath the keyboard to protect the mainboard & other expensive
internal components against exactly this kind of thing - so your client
may have gotten away with no major damage - other than perhaps the speaker
& keyboard itself, which are by comparison not as expensive to replace.

My Libretto apparently also contains "crumple zones" which are designed to
take the impact in a fall, and once again protect the sensitive internal
components.  I'm not keen to try that one out either though ;)

Kind Regards,

 - Matt Kemner
  Penguin Care		Tel: Perth 08 9322 3444	Brisbane 07 3337 9988
  Mob: 04 2022 3444	Fax: Perth 08 9221 3444	Brisbane 07 3337 9977