[plug] displaying images on website

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Sep 12 01:59:27 WST 2006

On 12 Sep 2006 at 0:58, Jon  Miller wrote:

> Like to know if there is a way to display images automatically on a
> website.  I have some images that I would to have displayed when a user
> access the website.  I need to make it simple as the number of images
will
> grow over time.  I'm using Apache web server on a Debian server.

The simplest way - would be to create a series of web pages - where the
images are placed into a table - each web page could hold from 5 - 10
images (depending on their size vs download time).

As you add more images you simply add more pages.

As your collection of images/pages grows  - you may need to consider a
means of navigation between the pages - using "Next" and "Previous" links
so users can browse from one page to the next.

If your images are in different categories - it might pay to create a
page which lists each category and provide links to the first page of
each category - then use "Next" and "Previous" links so user can browse
through each category.

And it also be a good idea to have a link on every page which points back
to the main index page.............etc............etc.........

You are limited only by your imagination and the amount of available web
space on your web server.

If you want to get really fancy you build a dynamic display using AJAX
then your images can download and display in the one "frame" or table and
change according to a timing interval.

Or you could author your images into a "applet" type of arrangement like
using Flash animations to display/change your images.

HTH

Regards Arie