[plug] displaying images on website

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Tue Sep 12 08:12:12 WST 2006

What I ultimately would want is a web page that displays my photos as I've started to do more shootings and certain people (models) needs to view the pages.  So if someone can quote me on a decent web page design I would appreciate it.  I'll need to update the page every so often.

Thanks

On 9/12/06, Jon  Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote:
> Like to know if there is a way to display images automatically on a website.  I have some images that I would to have displayed when a user access the website.  I need to make it simple as the number of images will grow over time.  I'm using Apache web server on a Debian server.

I'm assuming you want some sort of 'auto' gallery??

What scripting language does the webserver use?

You could do a really simple "ls *.jpg" glob in php, and then a
foreach on that array, to display the images.

Or do a google for things like web gallery, auto scan directory, etc
etc. I would try and find you one, but I'm a little short on time
before work (and after today).

I do have a script on my webserver, that could be adapted to scan a
directory of images (mine are named in a special format, so you can
extract meta information out of the title) and display thumbnails of
all the images, and on clicking the thumbnails, show the original. If
you want, I'll get that somewhere suitable for you.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au