[plug] OSWA closing ?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Sep 15 20:09:35 WST 2006

On 15 Sep 2006 at 20:03, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2006 at 17:01, skribe wrote:
>
> > vk6ksj wrote:
> > > Hi guys and girls,
> > >
> > > I've heard through the grape vine that Open Source WA may be
closing
> > > it's doors,
> >
> > I've had this confirmed by 2 independent sources.  It's closing on
Oct
> > 31st.  Story available at
> > http://www.perthnorg.com.au/2006/09/15/open_source_wa_to_close/
>
> Typical of government attitudes towards IT:
>
> I decided to go to the web page of our state premier at :
>
> http://www.premier.wa.gov.au/
>
> and guess what I got ?????
>

> I went via the link on the wa.gov.au web site at :
>
> http://www.wa.gov.au/
>
> It's so pathetically funny that it's NOT funny.

In fact I had the same problem when trying to access the personal web
pages of any member of the state government.

Does any body know the email address of our dearly beloved premier Mr
Carpenter ?

I would like to send him an email expressing my indignation and outrage
towards the state govenemnt and it attitudes towards IT and open source.

When I'm good I feel great, when I'm bad I feel better.

Regards Arie