[plug] Fluid damage to Laptop

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 16 09:54:51 WST 2006

Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> writes:
>On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:49 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:

>> I would be very wary of capillary action - which might have taken
>> the wine (in liquid from) into confined spaces where it could be
>> held there by the capillary action (and then be difficult to
>> "see" and remove) - then with time and heat the wine could either
>> evaporate of crystallise - crystals tend to expand as then grow -
>> so if they are in between two vulnerable components - it is
>> anybody's what the outcome might be.

>Ah yes... as I remember there was a 80's movie about a computer
>that had wine spilt over its keyboard.

Not many people own a "Pinecone".

Movie was "Electric Dreams". The soundtrack's pop songs were more
popular than the movie.

>The PC became self-aware and then later fell in love with its owners
>neighbour at which point it self-destructed.

No it didn't. It invaded computer networks, notably that of teller
machines.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.