[plug] OSWA closing ?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Sep 18 13:21:40 WST 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> writes:
> >Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> >> Hm, who would be a good candidate though? I'd say "opensouce WA"..
>
> >Maybe try talkback radio.  I don't listen to them but their rep is that
> >they're always dissing the govt.
>
> >> Besides, "innvoation" doesn't have to mean "open source".
>
> >Sure, it shouldn't be exclusive.  But it's somewhat hypocritical to
> >claim to be supporting the IT industry while closing one of the agencies
> >that assists new innovation.  I'm sure even the mainstream media can see
> >that.
>
> Looks like my presentation is about 3 months too late. :-(

[snip]

Well, this is the sort of thing which would be useful to showcase to
corporate WA.

So, excluding "internet" and computing companies, is there some examples
of WA businesses and companies who have realised real benefits through
OSS? And where's all this wonderful information hiding on the greater web? :)

As an example, I've seen an accountant or two pop up in archived PLUG
posts who are using some OSS to faciliate their business. Would anyone
be able to elaborate on that?

Adrian