[plug] Test audience wanted - OSDC presentation

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Sep 22 01:48:07 WST 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Bernd Felsche wrote:

> Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> writes:
>> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Bernd Felsche wrote:
>
>>> My proposal for a talk at December's OSDC in Melbourne has been
>>> accepted so after I get the paper together in September, I'll need
>>> to work up a presentation; and do a live rehearsal.
>
>>> "Open Source Glue: Using Open Source to Glue Proprietary Systems to
>>> Business Needs"
>
>>> 	http://osdc2006.cgpublisher.com/proposals/38
>
>>> You gentle people approximate "alive" so I suggest that we arrange
>>> for an evening in October or November when can you to watch me
>>> stumble through my presentation.
>
>> Does that mean that we will have a PLUG seminar?
>
> The last at the present OSWA, AFAICT.
>
>> It must be a while since one of those has occurred.
>
> The paper was due today and after pulling an "all-nighter", it's
> done. The unofficial version is at
> 	http://members.iinet.net.au/~innov8ve/Papers/glueOSDC.pdf
>
> I almost ran out of time condensing 60 pages of scribbled notes and
> diagrams onto the 5 pages suggested as a maximum. There are lots of
> things that had to be left unsaid but I think I've made some of the
> most-important points.
>
> The presentation will not be as "dry" as the paper and has a bit
> more time to show more code snippets as well as refer to another
> example.
> --
> /"\ Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
> \ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
> X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
> / \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.

Has a date been set?

Is the date before the closure of OSWA? :)

Aside question: is your Seneca, the Seneca who wrote Medea, on which a
fundamental principle of law is based? From memory, two famous Seneca's
existed, and only one of them wrote Medea.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."