[plug] Trouble with ftp.wa.au.debian.org

bob bob at fots.org.au
Wed Sep 27 10:58:04 WST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 09:10, Steve Boak wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm having trouble with apt-get from ftp.wa.au.debian.org - is there a
> problem, or has something changed that I don't know about?

I emailed support at it.net.au (host for ftp.wa.au.debian.org) and got this
as reply...

=====
Planetmirror had a disc subsystem failure which led to rsync wiping out
our mirror when they pushed to us (foolishly we had no max-delete limit
set).  Our mirror will be back online as soon as Planetmirror has an
archive to deliver to us.
=====

Given that there are a lot of other mirror sits down I'd say there has been
a cascade from the Planetmirror crash :(.

Upside - should be back in the next couple of days.

--
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
		-- Steven Wright