[plug] Linux to feature on Palm Treo

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 15:04:49 WST 2007

Palm didn't switch from PalmOS to WinMobile. They have both lines of
products and intend to keep them. You can buy a PalmOS based Treo or a
WinMobile based one. There was a huge demand from the corporate world
to have a Windows based Treo but the install based with PalmOS is huge.

PalmSource has been publicly working on the next generation of OS,
Linux based. It has been on their Web site for about 3 years now,
nothing secret. Palm pretty much has to get the next version of the
PalmOS, therefore the announcement. You can cehck out the Palmsource
web site and learn about it.

Fred

http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=49554&eid=3&edate=20070411