[plug] FTP clients

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 3 10:26:17 WST 2007

Yes, I was looking for something with the "usual" mc type panes where we
could "drag and drop" or at least, "select and click" to do the
transfers.

The command line FTP is sooooo '90s.  ;-)

I did get a suggestion from Tomasz to use gFTP as well.

I see under my package manager that there's a j-ftp as well as
kftpgrabber and kuftp, which are KDe frontends, but I remember that in
its day Kbear wasn't all that stable, so I'll use a Gnome app if it's
better (after all I use Evolution, so I'm obviously not fanatical in my
preference for KDE. ;-)

Thanks for all help so far.