[plug] FTP clients

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 3 11:31:45 WST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 10:50 +0800, Steve Boak wrote:
> On Friday 03 August 2007 10:11, Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> > ); Unknown failure
> >
> > On 8/3/07, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > > Hi all, I'm going to be doing a lot of FTPing and I'd like something a
> > > bit more intuitive than the bog-standard FTP client. I did a search for
> > > Kbear ('cause I like KDE), but it doesn't seem available anymore.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy-to-use client?
> > >
> > > I know we discussed this about 2 years ago, but things have changed in
> > > the meantime, so please bear with me.
> >
> > I'd use gFTP.
> >
> > Tomasz
>
> I've found the the  'FireFTP' plugin for Firefox (Iceweasel) to be quite good.
>
> Steve

Thanks to all who replied - I looked at the KDE FTP frontends and they
are all at release 0.8.x.x while gFTP is at 4.x.x.x so I've decided to
go with gFTP, so I decided to go with it.

I would've tried FireFTP as well, except I've had a few problems with
Firefox labouring badly when very heavily loaded.

Thanks to all who answered. Your help was appreciated.

Regards
RM
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629