[plug] FTP clients

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 3 11:42:10 WST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 11:31 +0800, Nigel Duff wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 10:10:11AM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm going to be doing a lot of FTPing and I'd like something a
> > bit more intuitive than the bog-standard FTP client. I did a search for
> > Kbear ('cause I like KDE), but it doesn't seem available anymore.
>
> I use kftpgrabber (aka kftp[1]). It handles TLS/SSL, threading, filters etc.
> Think I ungraded to 0.8.1 as the one previouis seemed a little unstable.
>
> Nigel
>
> [1] http://www.kftp.org/

Thanks, Nigel,

I was a bit worried about stability, since Kbear was rather bad, and I
decided to go with gFTP, rather than any of the KDE utilities because of
the release levels.

Thanks again.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629