[plug] Ext3 drivers for 64-bit Vista?

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Fri Aug 3 15:59:34 WST 2007

Ext2IFS will allow you to assign Windows drive letters in Drive
Management (Control Panels\Administrative Tools\Computer Management)
It does RO and (cautioned) RW, but as it's driver based, you may need to
turn off driver signing for Vista x64.
32-bit Vista complains but will allow unsigned drivers, whereas Vista
64-bit refuses unless it's tweaked to work.

Obviously with a RW solution, you may need to recreate the journal to
get back a (truly) clean Ext3 partition... Last thing you want it the
journal replay munting your partition :S

> HTH
>
> Regards Arie

Ditto,

Craig F.

(Running Vista 32-bit with Ext2IFS at the moment)