[plug] How to convert without having to support??

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 6 17:54:34 WST 2007

tim wrote:
> oh man, my advice would be don't get into it. it's been my experience
> that once you setup a computer for someone, it becomes your problem
> for LIFE!
> adding linux into the equation is just asking for pain. what happens
> when his kids send him a latest version wmv files in his email and he
> can't play it? phone call to you.

While you're installing FF and TB install w32codecs.  However, in
general, in my experience also, Tim's correct.  Nothing you do for free
will ever be good enough.  (most) People don't value anything they get
for free.

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We used to use and recommend Xandros but they went to the dark side
So we'll soon be using and recommending Debian Etch
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
They say a marble sized object collided with some gasses, and had
a massive explosion and the universe was born.
   - to believe this takes more faith than I have.