[plug] external projector on a laptop

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 7 16:50:25 WST 2007

On 7 Aug 2007 at 16:36, Tim Bowden wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 16:22 +0800, Paul Antoine wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > I must say that when using Ubuntu on my Stinkpad(tm) I don't recalling
> > having to set up twinview at all... I just hit the blue Fn+Screen
buttons
> > and it switched outputs quite happily.
>
> No such luck here.  xorg.conf hasn't been automagically setup to support
> that in my case.  When I do set it up using the nvidia-settings utility,
it
> doesn't detect the resolution of the crt I have attached, and when I
reboot,
> it gets confused as to what the display is.

I have no experience with multiple displays, so please excuse my
terminology - but :

Does your xorg.conf file enumerate your displays -

ie Display:0 and Display:1 in order to recognise that there is more than
one display output being used/available.

Sorry if my terminology is wrong, but I hope you get my drift.

Regards Arie