[plug] re: virualisation

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 28 21:00:41 WST 2007

Hi All,

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:51:27 +0800
Paul Antoine <pma-la at milleng.com.au> wrote:

> BTW: I run the Win apps under Crossover/Ubuntu on an old IBM T30
> laptop with 512MB of memory and a crappy P4M CPU running at 1.8Ghz. I
> can't run Xen and I don't dare contemplate just how slow VMWare would
> be on this hardware.

I currently have a debian system installed on a PIV 1.7ghz with about
1Gb ram. For testing etc I have Virtualbox[1] with Windows 2000
professional installed. This runs quite well. There are no major lags.
Clicking on menus etc loading apps certainly seems to happen in a
reasonable time frame, certainly not noticably slower than my Windows
2000 server box that is currently running with a PIII650 cpu (I
haven't actually sat down and timed either of them).

Hope this helps

1. http://www.virtualbox.org

Regards,

--