[plug] still trying to write to cdrom

Dem Nisbet dnisbet at webace.com.au
Mon Dec 3 23:19:27 WST 2007

Thanks Arie, that's a great idea. I don't have the drive but should
easily be able to get one. I've thought about free online storage, eg
just emailing myself at a hotmail address, but thought this wouldn't
work for everything, because it would be tedious putting it all there
one file at a time. With compression, this may improve, however. I will
probably do something like this for crucial files, then try the extra
hard disk, then try knoppix (this is called the ebtks approach, I'll let
you decode the acronym :) ).

Thanks for those suggestions Arie and Tomasz. I think the problem is
solved, although if anyone can think of something simpler and just as
certain, I'd still be interested. Otherwise, I'll leave it there, so
thanks to everyone for taking the time for a (relative) newbie.

best wishes,
Dem.