[plug] ./configure

Richard Yellin rhyellin at westnet.com.au
Thu Dec 27 20:22:43 WST 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:40:43 +0800, Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions)
<daniel at flashware.net> wrote:
> Failing that... what distribution are you using? Is there any reason to
> compile from source, rather than a package?> Cheers
> *Daniel Pearson

I am using Red Hat 9
> *Flashware Solutions ABN 58 438 456 919
> Mob: 0438 118 897  |  Email: daniel at flashware.net
> <mailto:daniel at flashware.net>

Thanks for all your prompt resposes and I reckon one or more will work.

I forgot to mention that I tried in # as well.
Also, embarresed to say, I still use Red Hat 9, yes RH9.

I have an extra sideline Q.  Can anyone tell me why ./configure has become
unavailable.  ie, how does that happen if an explanation can be found?
If, as far as I know, I haven't changed anything except d/load the
Thunderbird and Firefox , and fixed my broken authentication and IMAP

ps. There is no install.txt file. The README.txt file has little info and
refers you to the T-Birdwebsite release notes which also don't give any
specific info under installation.